Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Self portrait crit

So got a big reaction I'm always for that. People seemed to like the piece and touching it proved to be to much of a temptation for many people but that was fine me for this work and nothing got out so no harm done. Ok, the crit.

Good: The bees; they brought movement, color and tension to the piece. The bowl: was clean lined and simplistic. The Bible: brought a whole other element to the piece and let if up to interpretation, using a large old Bible made it more affective as a statement.

Bad: um... they seemed to like it

Interpretation: 1. The Bible was protecting everyone from the danger. 2. The Bible was an ideal that no one reach. 3. The Bible was killing us, thus we were the bees. 4. The Bible was heaven the bees were hell.

self crit

I wish I could have had more bees but I was happy the piece worked at all so I’m not complaining.

The first interpretation was right, and proved that my meaning came through however I felt the viewers were led away from my meaning in an attempt to vary the interpretations.   

Thanks to Mark and Juston for helping me catch the bees and Tam for the pics and the rest of T5 yall always rock and you know who you are 

No comments:

Post a Comment