Thursday, September 30, 2010

3D Dots

I chose to use this pattern of dots as I believed it had the greatest range of possibilities.  Also, I just like this arrangement.  I personally think that it looks like a skull and so I decided to play off of that.  I lined a box with newspaper and overlaid the newspaper with hand written love notes and sonnets from Shakespeare.  I cut a frame for the piece out of a piece of wood and placed it midway down the box to give another dimension of depth.  For the dots I used two piston head which I found in the dumpster behind the Agricultural building across the parking lot and the ends of two 7mm rifle rounds.  I particularly like the rifle rounds for this piece and if there were any such thing as an obtainable bullet the size of a piston I would have used that.  I used eye hooks and wire screwed into the back of the frame to mount the piece.


The base of the work
Using a calligraphy pen to write out the letters 
The pistons and bullets (kind of looking like a frog at this point)
This was my first attempt using only white paper. 
The final work (not the best camera, thus not that great of a picture)




No comments:

Post a Comment