Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Exquisite Corpse Two

The rambunctious ball dancing, a bounding tangerine.



This sentence is so bizarre that I had a hard time finding something to relate in any way to it.  The other problem I faces is that while odd the concepts presented in my sentence are so familiar that everyone has an instant idea of what it would look like for a ball to dance with a tangerine.  This is why my first literal translation if the idea seems so straightforward and cartoon like.  Here I took a completely different approach.  Nothing was jumping out to me about this so I walked around taking random picture and nothing turned out.  So I started taking pictures around the house and took this image of a clock with a spinning ball pendulum.  I liked the way the balls moved and it reminded me of the sentence.  I chose to shoot the image in black and white to highlight the contrast and details of the clock meconium.  To show the connection between the clock movement and dancing I slowed the cameras F-stop and spun the pendulum, this way when I shot the image I captured the motion blur and tide in.

No comments:

Post a Comment